Friday 26 August 2022

10th Anniversary

Where did the time go?  I seem to be saying that an awful lot lately.  Everywhere I look, it seems to be the anniversary of either some movie I've seen, some album I've bought or some moment in time.  If you're like me and those little reminders do nothing but make you feel old, you may want to skip this update.  If not, then come on down and join the celebration as The Old Blog turns 10 today!  Yes, ten years have somehow managed to pass in the click of a shutter.  Since opening this place up in August of 2012, there have been 1230 updates, countless memories and more photographs than I could possibly count.  And that's only the photographs that have hit the page.  The archives are still overflowing.  It's hard to believe when I began that every new update was pretty much something I shot that day.  We've been to exciting locations like weddings, concerts, sporting events and less exotic locations like my front and backyard flowerbeds.  Photographs have been taken in + and - 40C weather, I'll let you guess which of the two I prefer.  Fireworks and fire pits, the ecstasy of joy and the agony of defeat.  There have been basement photo-shoots of toys and standing on the floor of the Centre Bell for shows, where this photograph was taken using a (gasp) cell phone.  All that, and don't forget the many photographs of The Heir Apparent and The Crown Prince, which remain for family eyes only.  It's been a wild ten years.  Thanks to all of you out there who stop by to take a look at what my camera and I are up to.  You're not a very vocal bunch, but I see that you visit, and I appreciate everyone who stops by.  With that out of the way, lets see what will develop over the next ten years.




No comments:

Post a Comment