Sunday 28 August 2022

Royal Visit

I happen to think that there isn't much in this world more magnificent than a Monarch Butterfly.  Since moving to the new Head Office two years ago, they have been teasing me by flying over our yard to visit the neighbours, but never stopping for a quick hello at our place.  All of that changed the other day as one finally decided to stop for a snack in our patch of Sunflowers.  I raced, well, walked quickly, to grab my camera an headed outside.  Our royal visitor was very accommodating, posing for several photographs, despite having to swat away several of the bees who for some reason seemed less impressed with our guest.  I was hoping to get a shot of him in flight, and finally managed to grab this one as he waved goodbye for the neighbours yard.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/1600sec, ISO 400 at 115mm.  I would have preferred that he had taken off from one of the Sunflowers that were facing me, but beggars can't be choosers, and after two years of waiting I was happy with the results.  Hopefully he'll tell his friends about the friendly staff he encountered during his visit and there will be more in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment