Thursday 25 August 2022

Left For Dead

After all of that music, I decided to give my ears a little break and spend a little time in the yard with the flowers.  I was looking around and noticed that one of our Brown Eyed Susan's had unfortunately been cut, probably by our rabbit friend who has been visiting or some other four legged friend.  So, I thought it would be a fun little experiment to show that even a dead and cut flower could still look good from a certain angle.  I held the flower in my left hand as I couldn't get it to sit properly in a glass.  I then shot the flower at f/7.1, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  The result was a nice clear shot of the center of the flower with some pollen still remaining around the cone and some small flakes on the petals.  The petals still look nice and soft as well.  All of this from a broken flower.  As I have always said, just about anything can be photographed, you just need to take the time to find its beauty.  Just to prove that I'm not pulling your legs, I included a shot of the flower being held in my hand so you can see it had really been pulled.  Not that I think you fair readers would doubt Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer.



No comments:

Post a Comment