Saturday 21 September 2013

A Little Bit Of Photoshop Required

For some unknown reason, my camera decided that it just did not want to co-operate with me last week.  My Lovely Assistant had gathered a little bouquet of wildflowers which I tried to photograph, but for some reason, everything came out way over-exposed.  I couldn't figure out why.  I tried everything.  I shot in AV Mode, I shot in Full Manuel Mode, I even took out my flash and tried using that.  Still, everything was over-exposed.  There was no texture in the flower you see in the foreground and the background was way washed out.  So, I took to photoshop and played around a bit.  I ended up playing with the Levels function for a little while and finally found some of the texture of that flower.  The only drawback was that the background was not a shade of blue...but one I can live with.  This photograph was shot at f/2.8, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 60mm, using my Macro lens, though my flash wasn't used on this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment