Monday 9 September 2013

Another Item For The Menu

My post last night kind of has me on a food photography kick.  It's not something I do very often, but it is something I want to get better at.  So, how to we get better at something?  Practice, practice, practice.  Thankfully, my Lovely Assistant is much more talented in creating these dishes than I presently am at photographing them, but I hope to be able to bridge the gap in short order.  Tonight's Pièce de résistance is a Vol-au-vent with a ham, leek and cheddar filling.  I tried to better fill the frame of the picture with a candle and a bread basket.  I also shot the picture at kind of an angle rather than straight on.  I took the picture at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 34mm.  Once again, lighting consisted of my kitchen lights and my Speedlite flash.  If there are any of you out there with any pointers in shooting food, please feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment