Monday 23 September 2013

The Menu Grows

My Lovely Assistant was hard at work in the kitchen again earlier today, trying out this recipe for the very first time.  This tasty creation is called a Spinach and Cheese Polpettes in Tomato Sauce.  For those of you who are unaware, Polpette is the Italian word for Meatball.  There was no meat in this, however, as it was a mix of Spinach, Parmesan and Ricotta cheese.  For those of you wondering at home, I was once again in charge of cutting the cheese.  Yes, I did laugh to myself as I wrote that.  It was quite delicious and I couldn't help but to take out my camera and try to capture this culinary masterpiece.  I didn't like the shadows that shooting with flash was creating, so I simply used the lights in the room.  It was shot at f/6.3, 1/50sec, ISO 1600 at 40mm and then eaten with a fork and knife.  It was so good, that My Lovely Assistant might be disappointed when she returns home tomorrow to discover that the leftovers might have disappeared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment