Monday 2 September 2013

Appearing Now In A Salad Near Me

Now now, you didn't think that I would forget, did you?  Those of you who have been paying attention should remember that back in June I put up a picture of some cherry tomato blossoms that My Lovely Assistant and I were growing.  Okay, she was helping them to grow, I was watching them grow.  A few months have passed since then and we've been eating the tomatoes of her labour for a while now.  I just wanted to wait for the right time before taking pictures of the tomatoes and the right time was the morning after a little rain shower had passed.  Once again, I used my 60mm Macro lens for these shots as I not only wanted to make the tomatoes look as big an juicy as possible, but I also wanted to make sure that I'd properly capture the little drops of water that had formed on them. Some of the drops of water were so big that they even reflected the metal guardrail that is situated behind the plants.  Other drops seemed to even take the colour of the tomato and appear as little red orbs, like you see to the right with the second photograph.  The Macro lens even picked up some things that I hadn't even originally seen, such as the very slim spiderweb that you can see in the bottom right-hand side of the first photograph.  It also really captured the little hairs on not only the vine, but on the tomatoes as well.  I also chose to shoot at ISO 400 because it was still a little cloudy after the rain and I wanted to make sure that I had enough shutter speed available to shoot without needing to use a tripod as it wouldn't have been easy getting around the plants in the small space that is my deck.  The first photograph was shot at f/5, 1/60sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  The second photograph was also taken at f/5, 1/60sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  There are two more photographs that I would like to share with you. 
f/5, 1/125sec, ISO 400 at 60mm

f/5, 1/80sec, ISO 400 at 60mm

I know that I usually have more writing to go along with these four-photo blog posts, but it's hard to write when your hands are busy shoving cherry tomatoes into your mouth.  For those of you wondering at home, yes, they were very tasty indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment