Saturday 17 June 2023

On The Fence

Some times, there is just something that catches my eye and keeps my attention until I finally relent and take a photograph.  Such was the case the other day as I was sitting out in the yard and watching the Heir Apparent and Crown Prince run around after each other.  For some reason, my eye got caught looking at the old fence that lines the backyard.  The paint is chipped and falling off, there are cracks in the wood and it doesn't generally look very photogenic from an every day perspective.  But, for those little moment while I was sitting in my chair, I couldn't take my eyes off of it.  The tree and blue sky in the background gave the scene a splash of colour, as did the hedge in the foreground and the way the sun was hitting suddenly made the old fence look dignified.  Or, maybe it's all in my head and I had just been sitting out in the sun to long.  In either case, here it is for all to see.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/4000sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  Don't forget, photograph everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment