Monday 19 June 2023

Hot Wheels

A few years back I posted a little Father's Day update about some old Hot Wheels cars that still had from years gone by.  I guess that digging them out of my closet must have stirred a little something inside of me as very shortly afterwards, I found myself buying them again.  Not only that, but I actually found myself buying a couple for The Heir Apparent and Crown Prince.  They've been playing with them a little bit, but not to the extent that I used to.  Mind you, they're also three and one, so I was maybe jumping the gun a little early.  For an update this year, I decided to take some shots of the car that got me back into collecting the little guys.  This is a 1970 Chevelle from the Daredevils series.  We never drove in any demolition derby's, but the family often had a station wagon as I was growing up, so that may have played a role.  I also really liked the colours and that the words "Hot Wheels" were prominently displayed.  I ended up seeing a documentary on the toys and one collector mentioned how he had always wanted a garage full of classic cars, but didn't have the money.  Collecting Hot Wheels cars allowed him to somewhat fulfill that wish.  I guess those words stuck with me as I now have a couple of shelves that serve as a parking lot.  I took the car out to our table on the back deck to add some of the colour from the sun as it was setting.  I also used my flash as a fill light in order to brighten the shadows on the side of the car that was facing me.  The first photograph here was taken at f/16, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm and the second photograph was taken at f/16, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.

f/11, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm
f/16, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 70mm
f/16, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 70mm
No flash for this one
f/4, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

I guess I got a little bit carried away.  What can I say, the little kid inside still loves playing with toys.  I guess it helps keep me young...or that I have yet to really grow up.  I'll save those questions for someone more qualified than I am, and just keep playing with my cars and camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment