Sunday 18 August 2019

Baby Boomer's Band

Often times after I photograph a group during these summer series concerts, I stick around for a couple of minutes to meet the band.  I call it networking, My Lovely Assistant calls it 'being a groupie'.  This time, the shoe was on the other foot.  I was taking some photographs of the Baby Boomer's Band during a show they were giving at the Saint-Lambert Antique Car Show when I was approached by a lady.  She asked if I had been the photographer who had taken some photographs of the band the year before and after I said that it was in fact me, I was told that the band loved the photos and would very happy to meet me after their set.  Once the show was over, it was suggested that I take a quick shot of the band around one of the classic cars on display.  Since my head was already five times larger due to all the compliments, I of course agreed.  They ended up posing next to a 1963 Mercury Comet and I managed to grab their reflection on the hood of the car.  The photograph was taken at f/4.5, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 28mm.  If you liked this, stay tuned as there will be photographs of their performance up in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment