Wednesday 21 August 2019

Daisy Day 2019

It's been a while since we've seen anything other than fireworks and concert footage here on the old blog.  Long time readers know that August 22nd is Daisy Day.  A day where I pause to remember my Grandmother, Grammie, who passed away in 2011.  She was always a big fan and supporter of my photography, which always saddens me a little because she never got to see all of the cool things that playing with my camera has brought to me since then.  We're publishing the tribute a day early this year, though late in the day, because another of those 'cool things' will be happening tomorrow.  But, that's a secret that you'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out.  I used a macro lens and focused on the center of my daisy so that the most pollen would be visible.  I also gave the flower a little shake before taking the photograph, at f/16, 1/50sec, ISO 100 at 60mm, so that the loose pieces of pollen would spread out a little over the white petals.  I hope you like it Grammie.

No comments:

Post a Comment